Thursday, July 10, 2014

Ready to race...PA Sprint this Saturday

Saturday is my first race since May's Mud, Guts, and Glory race. I'll be at the Pennsylvania Spartan Sprint at Blue Mountain Ski Area in Palmerton, PA.

The Athlete Guide says the course will be 4.9 miles with 2000 ft of elevation gain. It is a ski area after all. Mud, Guts, and Glory was 5.3ish miles with 1200 ft of elevation gain.

Since I've not been racing, I've had a chance to get some quality workouts in...hope they pay off:

And a number of "Hunter" workouts (8x100, 6x200, 4x400). I think my speed is improving, which is cool for someone that's always been not speedy.

And--maybe more importantly--I've added obstacle training to my workouts, which includes:
  • Spear throwing
  • Bucket carrying
  • 60 lb sandbag carrying
  • Rope climbing
I feel more confident about the spear throwing, but you still only get one chance. 

The rope climb should be cake this time and allow me to not lose any spots.


No comments:

Post a Comment