Thursday, March 20, 2014

Pre-race review of Reebok All Terrain Sprint

The Georgia Spartan Sprint killed my Fellcross shoes about a mile into the race. (Thankfully, the Fellcross design allowed the shoes to stay on my feet still!)

The shoes had 100+ miles on them mainly from snowy trail races, Spartan races (including two Spartan Beasts), and two races at Mud, Guts, and Glory (home of the 2014 OCR World Championships)...



I replaced them with the Reebok All Terrain Sprint shoes when I found a pre-order, 30% off discount code. I was planning to get a pair of Inov-8 X-Talon 190 shoes, but I couldn't pass up the deal and there was all the hype about Reebok's OCR-specific shoes.

While I'll probably get the X-Talon eventually, the All Terrain Sprints cost less (even before the discount code) and weighed less (by about an ounce).

Concerns:
  • Traction? The hills at Mud, Guts, and Glory require serious traction like the Fellcross shoes provided.
Well, I guess that was my only major concern while looking at the shoes online. The lugs are tough, so I doubt there will be any slippage issues.

We'll see how they work on Saturday at the Charlotte Spartan Sprint.



Post-race update to follow...

Reference: Reebok All Terrain Sprint


No comments:

Post a Comment