Monday, May 19, 2014

Mud, Guts, and Glory...round 3 this Saturday

Mud, Guts, and Glory's third race is this Saturday (May 24). Rumor has it that they've recruited Hunter, and I think Magida is signed up. And Pak will be back. So...my chances of a repeat 2nd place finish are slim to none. But I'm excited they're able to attract this level of OCR talent to Cincinnati. It's great for the sport, so who cares if I don't come in second to Pak...for a third time.


The course should be about the same, but I'm expecting at least a few changes. I've not run the full course since the last race, so who knows what surprises are out there. They were planning to make it longer. The goal is to get it up to 7-8 miles for the OCR Championships, but it's been in the 5-6 range.

My plan is to go out with the lead pack and hang with them as long as possible. If I can nail Goliath in the head with a paintball, then I should avoid any penalties.

My goal is to run sub-59, which would be an improvement on my 59:45 from last time. After I finish, I plan to run it again with my wife and brothers. Nice cool down.

We'll see how it goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment